With so many options available in the market choosing the best kiritsuke knife can be tricky for normal customers. Consumers can get overwhelmed by the huge marketplace and end in a place by choosing a wrong product that will not serve its purpose perfectly.
The purpose of this review is to avoid misunderstanding and help the customer with a shortlist of the most popular products of the marketplace by analyzing the features, functions, specifications, customers rating, and reviews.
This review section will help you with the selected list of the most favored and trended items of the marketplace where you can easily check the reviews from the actual customers.
Top 10 Best Kiritsuke Knife
Here are the top kiritsuke knife we picked, check their features.
1. Yoshihiro Super Blue Steel Stainless Clad Kiritsuke Multipurpose Japanese Chef Knife (8.25″(210mm) & Saya)
- Proudly made in Japan and not mass produced. This knife is complimented with a traditional Japanese Wa-style handcrafted Octagonal Handle that is lightweight and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use. A protective wooden sheath called a Saya is included, which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. Every knife from Yoshihiro is handcrafted by master artisans creating a unique one-of-a-kind work of art.
- The Yoshihiro Super Blue Steel Clad Series is clad in 2 layers of stainless steel that provides durability and protection without sacrificing its sharp cutting edge. The blade edge, where the Super Blue Steel is exposed, can patina with use but preventive measures using Tsubaki knife oil and removal methods using rust erasers are available. Super Blue High Carbon Steel with a hardness on the Rockwell scale of 65-66 is considered to be the top of its class in high carbon steel metallurgy.
- Traditional Japanese knife making values a sharp edge, which requires attention and care. Sharpening and honing should be done with only water whetstones. Hand wash and dry only, and do so immediately if working with acidic ingredients. Do not use on objects such as bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Carbon steel can oxidize if not properly maintained. Keep dry and oil regularly to prevent oxidation along the exposed carbon steel edge.
- In the hands of master craftsmen Super Blue Steel can be forged and sharpened into a world class knife that boasts top-class sharpness and edge retention. The extremely sharp blade will allow for the most accurate of cuts to be made with consistency and with ease. Furthermore, the blade has the ability to perform at that level for an extremely long period of time because of its high wear resistance.
- The Kiritsuke is one of the most versatile and essential of all knives a cook can have. The blade of the Kiritsuke is wider and straighter than a standard chef knife while having a curved tip. The wideness of the knife with its straight end makes it suited for chopping vegetables while the long curved tip makes it suitable for cutting thin slices in meat or fish.
2. Miyabi Mizu SG2 9.5″ Kiritsuke Knife
- Premium SG2 Micro-Carbide Powder Stainless Steel with hammered (“Tsuchime”) Damascus finish
- Traditional Honbazuke sharpening method that originated from traditional Japanese sword making; 3-step process that produces a razor sharp 12 degree double bevel edge
- Made in Seki, Japan; Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Cryodur heat treatment process using ice-hardening results in a blade featuring a high 63 Rockwell Hardness rating, excellent flexibility and superior edge retention
- Durable Micarta D-shape handle with bolster and metal end cap for the perfect comfort and balance; decorative mosaic pin, red spacers and Miyabi logo engraved on handle end
3. Shun Classic 8-Inch Kiritsuke Kitchen Knife; Chef’s Knife With 68 Layers of Stainless Damascus Steel Cladding; Handcrafted in Japan; Multi-purpos
- Handle is crafted from PakkaWood with a beautiful ebony finish; PakkaWood is natural hardwood infused with resin for moisture resistance and durability
- D-shaped handle offers comfort and control; lightweight but powerful, the Kiritsuke is easy to maneuver and delivers professional results; whether working in a pro kitchen or enjoying dinner at home with friends, the Shun Classic Kiritsuke is an excellent tool for all meal prep needs
- The Shun Classic Kiritsuke features Shun’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX stainless steel and 68 layers of Damascus cladding for a blade with a razor-sharp edge, incredible edge retention, and striking beauty
- A versatile, multi-purpose knife, the Shun Classic Kiritsuke is known for its variety of uses; use it just like a chef’s knife; Shun added a slightly rounded belly to make even rocking cuts easy
- In Japan, the kiritsuke is known as a master chef’s knife; Shun’s version is perfect for cooks of all kinds, from master chef to aspiring cook
4. HEZHEN Retro Chef Knife Gyuto 8.5-inch Kiritsuke 110 Layers Full Damascus Steel Kitchen Knife Octagonal Handle Multifunction Knife With Magnetic Wo
- [HEZHEN Kiritsuke] is one of the most versatile and indispensable tools among all the knives that a chef can have. It is called a big kitchen knife in Japan. This knife is very suitable for all kinds of chefs. Kiritsuke’s blade is better than the standard chef knife. It is wider and straighter, with a slightly curved tip, the straight end is suitable for cutting vegetables, and the curved long tip is suitable for cutting meat or fish.
- Amazing performance: The skilled knifemaker uses the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method to finish the sharp edges of the scalpel at 15 degrees on each side. Nitrogen cooling enhances safety and flexibility. Kiritsuke’s perfectly balanced and precise tapered blades can minimize surface resistance to achieve buttery smooth cutting and enhanced non-stick characteristics.
- [Selected Damascus Steel] HEZHEN Kiritsuke proprietary high-performance 110-layer full Damascus steel with a hardness of 60-61HRC. Because it contains Cr, Mo, and Co, it is more rust-resistant and more wear-resistant. This is the ratio of full Damascus steel The reason why mixed steel is better, at the same time has super sharpness and amazing beauty
- [100% Quality Assurance] The purchase of HEZHEN knife comes with a lifetime warranty to avoid manufacturing defects. We believe that these knives can be used by beginners, cooking students or home chefs. Hezhen brand knives are always recommended by famous chefs.
- [Ergonomic octagonal handle] Kiritsuke is lightweight but powerful. The diamond-shaped handle provides ultra-high comfort and control, making Kiritsuke easy to manipulate and providing professional effects. The copper ring between G10 military materials and desert ironwood adds magic Balance, reduce fatigue after long-term use
5. MITSUMOTO SAKARI 8 inch Japanese Kiritsuke Chef Knife, Hand Forged 67 Layers 440C Damascus Steel Kitchen Knives, Professional Meat Sushi Chef’s Kni
- [Dazzling Knife Handles] Collaboration with famous Japanese designers to design dazzling series of knife handles. Shadowwood Treegranate incorporates unique patterns and colors; a unique color structure flows through the world of knife handles. It will be a pleasure to use it.
- [Japanese Damascus Knives] Kiritsuke Knife is made of 67 layers 440C Damascus steel (59±2 HRC) using traditional Japanese hand forging technology combined with vacuum deep cooling treatment; enhancing sharpness, durability and corrosion resistance.
- [Product Commitment] ミツモトサカリ products have been strictly audited and certified. Unconditional replacement or refund policy for defects, risk-free trial. If you have any questions, please contact us, we will give you a satisfactory answer.
- [Professional Japanese Chef’s Knife] Each Kiritsuke knife is carefully machined and forged using multiple processes to achieve the optimal balance of hardness, toughness and sharpness to deliver unparalleled performance. These chef’s knives are perfect for chopping, slicing and cutting any fruit, fish, meat, sushi and vegetables.
- [High-End Gift Choices] The Universal Chef’s Knife has an ultra-sharp edge and perfect curvature (13°) to meet all the chef’s requirements for a knife. With its exquisite sandalwood gift box and gorgeous appearance, it is the gift every home chef and professional chef looks forward to on special holidays.
6. Shun Premier Kiritsuke Kitchen Knife, 8 Inch, Handcrafted in Japan, TDM0771, Silver
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle on each side for a razor-sharp edge; Hammered Tsuchime finish helps release food when cutting
- Proprietary VG-Max Cutting Core for maximum edge retention; clad with 64 layers of stainless steel (32 each side) for corrosion resistance
- Featuring a double-bevel, flat-ground blade for durability and to move food away from the blade quickly
- Walnut Pakkawood handle to fit both right and left hand for a comfortable, secure grip
- Kiritsuke is the only multipurpose traditional Japanese knife, (in Japan only the executive chef in the kitchen is allowed to use one)
7. DALSTRONG Kiritsuke Chef Knife – 8.5 inch – Shogun Series – Damascus – Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel Kitchen Knife – Black Handle – Razor Sharp Knif
- Unrivalled Performance: Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 8-12°degree angle per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance. Full tang cooking knife for superb robustness and triple riveted for even more resilience.
- The Ultimate Chef’s Knife: A Dalstrong culinary revolution combining outstanding and award-winning craftsmanship, cutting-edge breakthrough technology, awe-inspiring design, and the absolute best materials available. Peak performance never looked so good to you or your wallet.
- Dalstrong Power: An ultra sharp AUS-10V Japanese super steel cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness: extraordinary performance and edge retention. 66 layers of premium high-carbon stainless steel layers ensure exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance. The chef knife is perfectly balanced, the precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through and enhanced non-stick properties. Dalstrong’s stunning ‘tsunami-rose’ genuine Damascus layers.
- A Chef Knife Engineered to Perfection: Ultra-premium handle is military grade with life-long durability. Carefully hand polished, the ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior hand control, agility and comfort. Hand-polished blade spine for smooth handling.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why chef’s around the world trust and love, ‘The Dalstrong Difference’. Dalstrong luxury packaging. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
8. MITSUMOTO SAKARI 7 inch Japanese Kiritsuke Chef Knife, Professional Hand Forged VG-10 Damascus Kitchen Knife, 67-Layer Damascus Steel Sashimi Sushi
- [VG-10 DAMASCUS CHEF KNIFE] Professional chef knives is forged from high quality 67-layer 12Cr15CoMoV and VG-10 Damascus steel. Through precision heat treatment party water grinding open edge, greatly enhanced corrosion resistance, rust prevention, toughness and other characteristics; hardness up to 61 ± 2HRC. It keeps fruits at their ideal ripeness, vegetables at their best, or meat at its most flavorful moment when cutting.
- [HIGH-END VALUE GIFT CHOICES] Japanese kiritsuke knife combines a gorgeous curved design with top-notch craftsmanship; forging a high quality kitchen cooking knife that every home cook and professional chef looks forward to using. And with a special sandalwood gift box for the top chef’s knife; we believe this is the perfect gift for your beloved friends and family during the special holiday.
- [OCTAGONAL SANDALWOOD HANDLE] The Damascus chef Knife features an ergonomically designed octagonal sandalwood handle; minimizes wrist tension and the different sides give you great flexibility to adjust your cutting angle; while providing a secure, comfortable grip. With the fading of the gloss and the addition of a mature aesthetic handle allows you to enjoy the pleasure of using it.
- [Sincere Service] ミツモトサカリ products have been strictly audited and certified. Unconditional replacement or refund policy for defects, risk-free trial. If you have any questions, please contact us, we will give you a satisfactory answer.
- [PERFECT ART HAND FORGED] Top Japanese knife makers combine traditional Japanese forging methods with innovative advanced technology; through more than 100 days of hand forging to complete the high quality Japanese chef knife. And outline the texture of elegant Damascus pattern outline; exudes a mysterious and ancient atmosphere.
9. KATSU Kiritsuke Chef Knife – Damascus – Japanese Kitchen Knife – 8-inch – Handcrafted Octagonal Handle – Wood Sheath & Gift Box (Kritsuke Knife)
- Kiritsuke knives are the true multipurpose knives in Japanese cutlery, it is one of the most versatile and essential of all knives a cook can have
- A traditional Japanese convex grind (Hamaguri-ba) damascus blade that excels in sharpness, durability and ease of sharpening Handcrafted octagonal ebony wood handle with buffalo horn bolster is lightweight and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use
- Each KATSU kitchen chef knife comes with a dark walnut wood magnetic saya style sheath, which is convenient when carrying out field activities
- Handcrafted octagonal ebony wood handle with buffalo horn bolster is lightweight and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use
- An exquisite KATSU gift box with unique patterns offers you the perfect gift idea for Christmas, Weddings, Birthdays, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, etc.
10. Zelite Infinity Kiritsuke Chef Knife 9 Inch – Alpha-Royal Series – Japanese AUS-10 Super Steel 67-Layer Damascus – Razor Sharp, Superb Edge Retent
- PREMIUM JAPANESE STEEL – BUILT TO LAST: Imported Japan AUS10 Super Steel with 67-layer High Carbon Stainless Steel, Tsunami Rose Damascus Pattern, Liquid Nitro Cooling giving an Incredible Rockwell Hardness HRC 61. What this means for you – You get Sharpness, Edge Retention PLUS Stain and Rust Resistance so you can cut Veggies to Meat with minimal Prep time giving you more time to enjoy the Family meal
- SAMURAI BLADES – BE THE ULTIMATE SUSHI CHEF: Scary Sharp this Long 9” Traditional Japanese Style flatter belly blade is Perfect for Chopping Veggies, Trimming Beef, Skinning and Slicing Fish and so much More! Asian Gyutou Kitchen Blades that won’t let you down Serving your Culinary Needs providing You a Superior Experience! Butcher like an Executive Pro! Set in Ultra Premium Packaging
- STUNNING TRIPLE RIVETED, ROUNDED HANDLE: This is what Differentiates Zelite Knives from the Competition – Our Handles Were Built with YOU in mind! A Top Military Grade G10 Black Handle Triple Riveted to the Forged Full Tang for Extra Strength & Durability, Tastefully Adorned with the Zelite Infinity Classic 3-Metal Mosaic Rivet. Ergonomically Designed -ROUNDED- Handles to ensure a Secure and Comfortable Grip! RARE Tapered Bolster for Extreme Comfort, Perfect Balance!
- 100% SATISFACTION or MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – TRY IT RISK FREE: Lifetime Warranty against Manufacturing Defects (only if purchased direct from ‘Zelite Infinity’ – check item is “sold by Zelite-Infinity”). Our Chef Knifes have been built with Perfection in Mind. Ideal Multipurpose Cutlery Gift (Christmas, Weddings, Birthdays, Fathers Day, Mothers Day), for Home Cooks, Professional Chef’s, Culinary Students and more. You can’t lose. Limited Supply, Order Now before they are Sold Out!
- UNRIVALED PERFORMANCE, RUTHLESSLY SHARP: Hand Finished using the Traditional 3-Step Honbazuke Method this 9-Inch Gyuto has an Incredible 12 degree pro razor edge per Side, Mirror Polished Cutting Angle Ensuring Maximum Sharpness & Safety, Effortless Slicing of Meat, Fish – Sushi, Vegetable, Fruit and more, bringing Excitement back to Cooking. Premier Razor Sharpness Ensures your Slicing Cutting / Chopping Motion is done Effortlessly!
How to Choose the Best kiritsuke knife: Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the right kiritsuke knife, you should be assured that you are making the right choice. Understanding about the product before buying it is the most important part. Sometimes with so many options, evaluating the right choice at the right moment can be problematic.
So, check out the buying guide to overcome all the hassle of finding your best solution.
Features of the kiritsuke knife
The first thing to check out on any product is the feature. You have to locate the useful features that will come in handy in your needs. Sometimes a product can be filled with tons of features to look good on normal eyes but their features can be worthless in practical use.
So, before choosing the right item you need to evaluate the features from the feature section and the description section to see if you are going to use them or not. If the products come with some of the efficient features, you can undoubtedly choose them.
Check the Specifications
Sometimes, we don’t have enough time to check on the specification section and are quickly drawn to buy a product. While the products we are suggesting here are the best ones according to the users, we still suggest taking a look at the specifications.
The specifications of the kiritsuke knife will let you informed about the uses and advantages of using the products. You can then determine if that can fulfill the purpose of your needs.
Yes, there can be a few problems understanding the whole specification section if it is too long. What we suggest is to look for the key features, performance, how much the products going to cost and their after-sale services.
Design of Product
The market is full of wonderful products, and it can be tough to decide which one to choose. However, the first impression you can make of the item is the overall design.
You can check out the material, finish, color, and other visual aspects of the product to get a taste of the manufacturer. If you like the overall design, you can check out other factors before choosing the item.
Seller Rank in the Marketplace
If you buying the products from our shortlisted table, then one thing you can consider is to check the seller rank. A trendy and growing product means it is delivering good performances to most of the customers.
And better trends and growth of selling means better seller rank. And kiritsuke knife from a good seller rank will ensure not only good quality of the item but also a better after-sale service and good warranty service if available.
Durability and Stability of the Product
You need to check out the description and reviews section to see how durable and stable the product is. A good product will be durable, will last longer, and will provide stable uses throughout its lifetime.
The kiritsuke knife we have suggested have mostly been made in a way to last longer with providing stable performance in uses, but the best thing is to click the item and check out the stability and durability according to your personal need.
User Friendliness and Comfort
No one wants discomfort and critical toughness when using a product. Comfort is one of the most important considerations when choosing the kiritsuke knife. Most of the products that are selected in this article are popular which means have better served the most users.
So, we are certain that these products are comfortable and user-friendly enough to satisfy most customers. But you can watch each of the products on our list to see which fulfills your satisfaction the most.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Price Range for kiritsuke knife?
The item can come with several cost ranges. The price can go up depending on the quality of the items and the ability to last longer periods, functions, specifications, features, and reliability.
The modern marketing trends have left us with little clues on the actual price. Sometimes a product manufactured cheaply can cost a lot more than a quality one. Some manufacturers spend more on marketing than manufacturing creating better reach and less quality.
So, you should compare the price of the products from our review segment to select the best features, quality, and performance of the product in a certain price range.
Why Should You Buy the kiritsuke knife?
If you need an item, then understanding the scenario is simple. But if you are not, then think sensibly if the benefits of this product will certainly fulfill your need. Ask yourself, why do you want to have the product.
What we have suggested in our top pick is the best items according to many users. If you have made up your mind, then you can read the reviews of the customers before choosing the right item.
When Should I Buy a New kiritsuke knife?
There can always be a question if:
Is it the right time to buy the kiritsuke knife, or you should wait for few times to see if the right products have been launched to serve your need?
It is pretty difficult to determine if the products that are actually on the marketplace are the best, or the best items are yet to come. But the suggested products are popular and have very good reviews from a lot of customers.
So, if you need the product right now, wasting any time is not sensible.
Which Type of kiritsuke knife is the Best?
There are different types of kiritsuke knife in the marketplace. Understand your need first. Which type of this product will be most beneficial to you. You can also go through the product list and see their reviews, pros, cons, and then select the best type of items for now.
I hope our product table, review section, and buying guide will help you determine the right items for your need. If you are looking for the best kiritsuke knife then there are multiple options from our product list.
You can go check out the short features of these items from our review to pick one or two to check for further reviews. Click these products and see the reviews of the customers, description of the products, and rating of it to make a final decision for buying it.