With so many options available in the market choosing the best network cable tester can be tricky for normal customers. Consumers can get overwhelmed by the huge marketplace and end in a place by choosing a wrong product that will not serve its purpose perfectly.
The purpose of this review is to avoid misunderstanding and help the customer with a shortlist of the most popular products of the marketplace by analyzing the features, functions, specifications, customers rating, and reviews.
This review section will help you with the selected list of the most favored and trended items of the marketplace where you can easily check the reviews from the actual customers.
Top 10 Best Network Cable Tester
Here are the top network cable tester we picked, check their features.
1. Klein Tools VDV501-851 Cable Tester Kit with Scout Pro 3 for Ethernet / Data, Coax / Video and Phone Cables, 5 Locator Remotes
- Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires with multiple style tone generator (requires analog probe Cat. No. VDV500-123; sold separately)
- Measure cable length up to 2000 feet (610 m)
- Backlit LCD screen displays cable length, wiremap, cable ID and test results
- LanMap and CoaxMap Location Remotes (5 each) map and ID multiple cable runs in a single step
- Cable tester tests voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (coax F-connector) terminated cables with clearly defined results
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults
- Hub blink mode to identify port location on a hub or a switch
2. Klein Tools VDV526-200 Cable Tester, LAN Scout Jr. 2 Ethernet Cable Tester for CAT 5e, CAT 6/6A Cables with RJ45 Connections
- MULTIPLE TONE STYLE generator (soli /warble); requires probe Cat. No. VDV526-200 cap bulets
- EASY-TO-IDENTIFY test responses, intuitive and simple three button feature
- VERSATILE test for open, short, miswire or split-pair faults, cross-over and shield
- LARGE BACKLIT LCD for low lit areas displays pin to pin wiremap results
- AUTO POWER-OFF feature; 10-minutes in test mode, 60-minutes in tone mode
- TEST TERMINATED CABLES CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT6A (RJ45) and patch cords
- TONE on single wire, wire pair or all 8 conductor wires
3. Fluke Networks LIQ-100 LinkIQ Cable + Network Tester
- Displays cable length, wire map, and distance to open or short
- Manage results and print reports from LinkWare PC
- Cable Performance testing up to 10GBASE-T via frequency-based measurements
- Ethernet Alliance certified PoE Verification – Detects the PoE class (1-8) and power, and performs a load test of available PoE from the connected switch
- Network features including: IPv4 and v6 ping, nearest switch diagnostics (IP address, name, port / VLAN number, and advertised data rates)
4. Fluke Networks MS2-100 MicroScanner2 Copper Cable Verifier with Built-In IntelliTone Toning, Troubleshoots RJ11, RJ45, Coax, Tests 10/100/1000Base-
- Includes MicroScanner2 cable verifier with detachable wire map adapter, user guide, (2) AA alkaline batteries, carry pouch, 1 year warranty
- Rugged housing with integrated rubber easy grip holster and magnetic strap, locates virtually any cable or wire pair with Intellitone digital and analog toning, probe sold separately
- Copper cable verifier for testing voice/data/video with integrated RJ11, RJ45, and coax cable, test ports support low voltage testing with no need for adapters, ensures high quality installations and expedites cable problem resolution in active network environments
- Cable Tests include Length (460 meter or 1500 feet with resolution to 0.3 meter or 1 feet), wire map to TIA 568A/B standards, remote ID locators. Coax F connector for 75 ohm, 50 ohm, 93 ohm cables; PoE detection: Solicits and detects the presence of 802.3af compatible PoE (Power over Ethernet) devices to rule out power as source of problems
- Oversized backlit LCD screen displays clear results in bright light or complete dark with intuitive icons, shows 4 test modes at once: Graphical wire map, pair lengths, distance to fault with TDR, cable ID, and far end device, detects 10/100/1000 Ethernet, POTS, and PoE
5. iMBAPrice – RJ45 Network Cable Tester for Lan Phone RJ45/RJ11/RJ12/CAT5/CAT6/CAT7 UTP Wire Test Tool
- Cable Type: RJ11 Telephone cable and RJ45 LAN cable
- Power Source: DC9V Battery Required (not included)
- Automatically runs all tests and checks for continuity, open, shorted and crossed wire pairs. Visible LED status display.
- Connectors: Ethernet Cat 5, Ethernet Cat 5e, Ethernet Cat 6, Ethernet Cat 7, RJ11 6P and RJ45 8P
- Cable state testing (2-wire): Line DC detecting, anode and cathode determination,Ringing signal detecting open, short and cross circuit testing
6. Klein Tools VDV526-100 Network LAN Cable Tester, VDV Tester, LAN Explorer with Remote
- Fast LED responses indicate cable status (Pass, Miswire, Open-Fault, Short-Fault, and Shield)
- Compact tester easily fits in your pocket
- Tests CAT3, CAT5e and CAT6/6A cables
- Auto Power-off feature to conserve battery life (9V included)
- Cable tester with single button testing of RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 terminated voice and data cables
- Test remote stores securely in tester body
- Low battery indicator
7. NOYAFA Advanced Network Cable Tester With PoE& NCV & Lamp For CAT5e/CAT6/CAT6a, Multifunction Wire Tracker Cable Tester For Tracker Underground Tel
- 3. Measure cable length accurately , the range is 120m.
- 4. Hub blink for locating network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M/1000M Hub/ switch.
- 5. PoE testing : identify which pins are providing power and detect how much voltage, identify which the type of PSE (at/af standard)
- 2. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V). Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable.
- Main Function : Detecting PoE voltage, current, power, PSE standards Power supply modes, Verify RJ45 cables
- 1. Three scan modes selectable: AC filter mode/ Analog mode/ PoE mode
8. Fluke Networks CIQ-100 Copper Qualification Tester, Qualifies and Troubleshoots Category 5-6A Cabling for 10/100/Gig Ethernet, Coax and Voip
- Qualifies cabling performance for 10/100/Gig Ethernet, tests and troubleshoots all copper media cabling: Twisted pair (Category 5 6A), coax, and audio
- Includes CableIQ Qualification Tester with detachable wire map adapter, (2) RJ45/RJ 45 patch cord, USB cable, coax ‘F’ push on adapter, user guide, (4) AA batteries, soft carry case, 1 year warranty
- Locate and trace cables with digital toning technology. Requires IntelliTone 200 Digital Probe (included with CIQ KIT)
- Advanced troubleshooting features; Length, distance to fault, graphical wire mapping, opens, shorts, power over Ethernet (POE) detection
- Works on live networks to provide Ethernet switch detection and device configuration
9. Klein Tools VDV501-829 Cable Tester, VDV Commander with Test-n-Map Remotes, Cable Installation Tone Generator and Probe Kit
- Cable tester locates, tests and measures coaxial, data (RJ45) and telephone (RJ11) cables
- Identify wiring faults including miswire, open fault, short fault, split-pair, wire map
- Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Four tone options with probe included
- Measure paired-conductor cables up to 1500-Foot (457 m) with accuracy of up to +/-(5-Percent and 1-Foot/0.3 m)
- Single-end cable testing or complete two-end cable testing with Test-n-Map ID Remote
- Measure cable length and distance-to-fault with Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology
10. TREND Networks | R151006 | NAVITEK NT PRO |Touchscreen Copper and Fiber Network | Includes Network Service Detection,Traffic Monitoring & Built-in
- FEATURES: See detailed network parameters at the touch of a button, including PoE/PoE+ load testing, CDP/LLDP/EDP port information, and VLAN detection and operation
- NAVITEK NT: This device offers a comprehensive suite of test and troubleshooting functionality for copper and fiber networks. The flagship of the NaviTEK range includes a fiber optic cable interface, loopback, and autotest functionality
- TEST PERFORMANCE: This device simulates actual network traffic and will display a list of IP and MAC addresses of devices connected to the network. The Network Probe feature provides detailed network information of each device. Features 802.1x protocol login
- DEPEND ON US: At TREND Networks (formerly IDEAL Networks), our mission is to innovate test solutions that are fast, accurate, and empower network technicians, data installers, and system integrators to better power up their world
- ADVANCED WIREMAPPING: NaviTEK NT PRO has advanced wiremap functionality for miswires, split pairs, opens, and shorts. It can also let the user know the distance to opens and shorts using TDR
- REAL-TIME REPORTS: Connects easily to the free AnyWARE mobile app. Generate test reports in PDF or CSV format and store up to 5000 test reports
- INCLUDES: The package includes the 1 x NaviTEK NT PRO display unit with touchscreen, remote unit (1), rechargeable power module (1), PSU EU/UK/US/AU adapters (1), patch cables – 30cm (1) Cat. 5e STP (1), quick reference guide (1), carrying case (1), and USB Wi-Fi adapter (1)
How to Choose the Best network cable tester: Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the right network cable tester, you should be assured that you are making the right choice. Understanding about the product before buying it is the most important part. Sometimes with so many options, evaluating the right choice at the right moment can be problematic.
So, check out the buying guide to overcome all the hassle of finding your best solution.
Features of the network cable tester
The first thing to check out on any product is the feature. You have to locate the useful features that will come in handy in your needs. Sometimes a product can be filled with tons of features to look good on normal eyes but their features can be worthless in practical use.
So, before choosing the right item you need to evaluate the features from the feature section and the description section to see if you are going to use them or not. If the products come with some of the efficient features, you can undoubtedly choose them.
Check the Specifications
Sometimes, we don’t have enough time to check on the specification section and are quickly drawn to buy a product. While the products we are suggesting here are the best ones according to the users, we still suggest taking a look at the specifications.
The specifications of the network cable tester will let you informed about the uses and advantages of using the products. You can then determine if that can fulfill the purpose of your needs.
Yes, there can be a few problems understanding the whole specification section if it is too long. What we suggest is to look for the key features, performance, how much the products going to cost and their after-sale services.
Design of Product
The market is full of wonderful products, and it can be tough to decide which one to choose. However, the first impression you can make of the item is the overall design.
You can check out the material, finish, color, and other visual aspects of the product to get a taste of the manufacturer. If you like the overall design, you can check out other factors before choosing the item.
Seller Rank in the Marketplace
If you buying the products from our shortlisted table, then one thing you can consider is to check the seller rank. A trendy and growing product means it is delivering good performances to most of the customers.
And better trends and growth of selling means better seller rank. And network cable tester from a good seller rank will ensure not only good quality of the item but also a better after-sale service and good warranty service if available.
Durability and Stability of the Product
You need to check out the description and reviews section to see how durable and stable the product is. A good product will be durable, will last longer, and will provide stable uses throughout its lifetime.
The network cable tester we have suggested have mostly been made in a way to last longer with providing stable performance in uses, but the best thing is to click the item and check out the stability and durability according to your personal need.
User Friendliness and Comfort
No one wants discomfort and critical toughness when using a product. Comfort is one of the most important considerations when choosing the network cable tester. Most of the products that are selected in this article are popular which means have better served the most users.
So, we are certain that these products are comfortable and user-friendly enough to satisfy most customers. But you can watch each of the products on our list to see which fulfills your satisfaction the most.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Price Range for network cable tester?
The item can come with several cost ranges. The price can go up depending on the quality of the items and the ability to last longer periods, functions, specifications, features, and reliability.
The modern marketing trends have left us with little clues on the actual price. Sometimes a product manufactured cheaply can cost a lot more than a quality one. Some manufacturers spend more on marketing than manufacturing creating better reach and less quality.
So, you should compare the price of the products from our review segment to select the best features, quality, and performance of the product in a certain price range.
Why Should You Buy the network cable tester?
If you need an item, then understanding the scenario is simple. But if you are not, then think sensibly if the benefits of this product will certainly fulfill your need. Ask yourself, why do you want to have the product.
What we have suggested in our top pick is the best items according to many users. If you have made up your mind, then you can read the reviews of the customers before choosing the right item.
When Should I Buy a New network cable tester?
There can always be a question if:
Is it the right time to buy the network cable tester, or you should wait for few times to see if the right products have been launched to serve your need?
It is pretty difficult to determine if the products that are actually on the marketplace are the best, or the best items are yet to come. But the suggested products are popular and have very good reviews from a lot of customers.
So, if you need the product right now, wasting any time is not sensible.
Which Type of network cable tester is the Best?
There are different types of network cable tester in the marketplace. Understand your need first. Which type of this product will be most beneficial to you. You can also go through the product list and see their reviews, pros, cons, and then select the best type of items for now.
I hope our product table, review section, and buying guide will help you determine the right items for your need. If you are looking for the best network cable tester then there are multiple options from our product list.
You can go check out the short features of these items from our review to pick one or two to check for further reviews. Click these products and see the reviews of the customers, description of the products, and rating of it to make a final decision for buying it.